Candidates for Dentures
Did you know that around one-quarter of adults over the age of 65 are missing all of their teeth? Dentures are a common and respectable solution to missing teeth. They are so dependable and natural-looking that you’ve probably spoken to someone with dentures and didn’t even know it. Do you think you might be a good candidate for dentures?
- Wish to replace several or all of your teeth.
- Not smoke or use other tobacco products.
- Have a healthy jawbone (we can help you with this!).
- Not suffer from dry mouth.
- Be prepared to take good care of your dentures at home.
- Continue to visit the dentist for routine exams – just like with natural teeth!
To be a good candidate for this restorative treatment you should:
How do I take care of my dentures? Take care of your dentures with routine cleanings and examinations. Even patients with perfect prosthetics need to visit their dentist from time to time. During your visit, we will take a look at your dentures and how they’re fitting and we will also examine your gums, tongue, jaw and mouth inside and out. In short-- we care about your oral health. Not just your teeth.
- Remove dentures overnight to let your mouth rest.
- Soak dentures in warm water with or without denture cleanser.
- Do not soak dentures with metal clasps in anything but warm water.
- When not wearing dentures, keep them in water so they don’t dry out and warp.
- DO NOT soak in hot water.
- With dentures removed, clean and massage your gums.
- If your toothbrush hurts your gums, run it under warm water or try using a finger wrapped in a clean damp cloth.
- If you have partial dentures, brush your natural teeth as usual.
To care for your dentures at home:
Cost of Dentures in Whitby
- The type of denture you need.
- Dental extractions or other required preparations.
- Xrays that may be needed.
- Whether or not you get supportive implants.
How is the cost of dentures determined? Here are some important factors:
Every case is different so it's important to speak with a dentist and to have an oral exam to allow us to evaluate your unique situation and provide you with different treatment options to consider. We would be happy to provide you with a more accurate quote.
Contact us today
to schedule an initial consultation & exam.
Your consultation will include an examination of everything from your teeth, gums and soft tissues to the shape and condition of your bite. Generally, we want to see how your whole mouth looks and functions. Before we plan your treatment we want to know everything about the health and aesthetic of your smile, and, most importantly, what you want to achieve so we can help you get there.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Patients Are Saying
'll be the first one to say that I hate going to the dentist like many others. I haven't been to the dentist in 3 yrs. I just started to see Dr. Peter last month and I have to say both him and his staff are very professional, knowledgeable, friendly and always greet you with a smile. I have TMJ problems and now know that there is something that could be done to help me with this issue thanks to Dr. Peter. I would highly recommend Dundas Dental.
Dr Peter and the team are beyond awesome! I don’t have a great history with dentists. When I finally decided it was time to go back to the dentist, I hadn’t actually been to one in 13 years! It was embarrassing to say the least. Dr Peter and his wonderful staff made me feel immediately at ease. He listened to all my concerns and fears and he understood exactly what I needed, both in terms of actual dental treatment and to allay my fears. Every time I go in I am greeted with smiles and kindness! I will never go to another dentist.
Always friendly and supportive staff throughout the office, as well very quick to respond to any inquiries which is extremely helpful for patients with busy lives. Procedures have always been performed gently with proper explanation and feedback. Never have had an issue with Dundas Dental, would recommend to any individuals seeking dental work.